Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the expense of travel

After a short lunch outting today to turn in all of my comcast equipment, my jaw hit the floor when i noticed the price of gas hit $4.10 a gallon. since this has happened, i have now cancelled my trip home for father's day as i cannot afford it and i also looked into trying to find an alternative way to work for a couple of days a week. if i took the bus, which is $2 a ride, i'm sure i could buy a monthly pass, i would have to be on the bus at 6:51 and switch buses 4 times to go 3 miles, according to the metro transit web page...and it would get me to work at 8:30. it doesn't make sense to me. then i looked into bike paths...there is no path from my house to work that doesn't involve me getting run over by a car as i pass under I494. so...all my money saving dreams have been crushed. and i will inevitably have to pay $4.10 and rising in gas. when will this madness end??? i'm fearing the end of the week when i have to pay...the last time i filled up it was at $3.82.

No comments: