Wednesday, October 29, 2003

college should not be this complicated

i just got back from seeing my advisor and i realize that i have much to do in just 2 years! all these classes to take, intership, thesis, work and i would love to go on eurospring...all in 2 years. but barb (my advisor and guru of the design technology field) layed it all out for me. she wrote down what classes i need to take, when to take them, when to internship, everything. she's got to be an angel of some sort (you can hear that angellic chorus of "aaahhhhh"). also there's work. i work 20 hours a week and i'm not cutting it! i have rent, which is probably the cheapest rent in town, utilities, and car payment now, plus add on groceries, gas money and design technology fees (photography paper, film, printing paper, markers, basic art supplies...the list goes on!). i know other people pay more for rent and work only 10 hours a week! how do they do it? if some one has the answer, please tell me! which you probably can't do since i don't have comments up yet, or my email address...it's coming, it's coming! i just don't understand...

i have a job interview tomorrow for a seasonal help job at bath and body works, which extra cash will be nice, but when do you know you have too much on your plate? i've had people, like my roommates warn me, that i don't want to be over booked...but they don't know what's right for me...plus i don't go out and party with them anyways...or sit around and watch tv like i used to...if i'm anywhere it's online! i don't know...and my current job at online services, my boss just hired 3 new freshman to help us out, and then she tells us that she'll be cutting back some of our hours because we have too many people working at some times during the day! this is my main job and i'm making 8 dollars an hour here so if i'm going to work anywhere, i want it to be here! ugghhh...so frustrating

No comments: