Wednesday, January 04, 2006


ficken freezing cold

one lesson i have learned by living with girls over the last many years is this: never, ever touch the thermostat. someone will inevitably get crabby and start asking who touched the thermostat, and it just goes down hill from there. so i have never touched the thermostat. i'm not even sure if i know how to work one or what a good temp it is to set for in the house. i know i like my pool water temp to be at around 74...but that's it.

so last night, as i'm getting ready for bed, freezing, i notice this note taped over the thermostat from one of my roommates: do not touch the thermostat! we are dangerously low on fuel oil and are in danger of burning out the heater!

good. that's always a plus.

i was actually at an ok body temp when i went to bed last night, it didn't take too long to warm up the cocoon that i made in my bed, but getting up this morning was down right horrible. pretty sure the water at my bed side had little bits of ice floating in it. i should really go and see just what the temp is in the house...just for curiousity. i hate winter...pretty sure my cold blooded body hates winter.

how many months till summer?

(the pic up top is of me, cold and trying to preserve body heat, with about 10 blankets piled on top of me by roommie katie, and with sunglasses on...because it was sunny outside)

No comments: