Sunday, December 19, 2004

snowboarding pro

awww snowboarding. the sport i want to be good at, but probably will never be. i attempted it again yesterday, and miraculously, did ok. of course, i didn't use the proper techniques, BUT i did make it down the hill many times without falling and making a fool out of myself.

the day started out with kt and myself wondering what the heck we were doing as the temperature was at about 0 outside. however we wanted to go. then i had to reintroduce myself to my fear of heights and falling problem as we got onto the ski lift. i really found out i don't like it until you get to this one post and you're looking down at all the little ski-ers and snowboarders and the lift lunges forward and your chair swings back and forth and you realize, there is absolutely nothing holding you in. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

as i had not been snowboarding in 2 years, everything had to be reintroduced. our friend lulu decided he was going to help me make it down the hill - the correct way. so as we took a dancing stance and hold on our snowboards, we very ungracefully made our way down the hill, me screaming all the way. untill we completely 180-ed and he fell backwards over his back edge and i landed untop, shins hitting his front edge (i have a really nice bump that i am really proud of!!). kt thought we wanted to cuddle in the middle of the slope. me, all i could say was that i was really really sorry as my hand, coming forward to brace myself in my fall, hit a place that it REALLY, really shouldn't have hit. also, if you didn't pick this up, lulu is a guy - yeah. (i'm so sorry lulu!)

some other highlights from the day:

-looking like an idiot as i tried to make my way up the bunny hill, falling, and then having EVERYONE trip over me.
-having a guy (gasp!) ask if he could ride up the lift with me. i told him yes, but i'm really horrible at getting off the darn thing. we had a pleasant conversation on the way up, AND he even offered to help me off, offering me his hand. THIS IS HUGE NEWS IN MY BOY WORLD. I did not, however, take his hand, fearing I would fall and the last thing I wanted to do was embarrass myself. however, thinking this over, a scenerio such as that could have worked in my advantage. but knowing me, probably not.
-kt thought that, if there was a snowboard dancing event in the olympics, lulu and i would have done well.
-the lack of mt. dew at lunch...i went back for more (kt - i forgot...i still owe you!)
-kt and i examining our beautiful hair in the bathroom...hats really are a neccessity.
-not hurting one bit until i took a shower that night. then it came on...even more today. imagine every muscle in your body hurting as you moved. lets just say that when i need to move, i know exactly which muscles i move to achieve certain positions as i could feel them in a painful way. ouch.

so yeah, today, i just pretty much sat around in bed. it hurt was too much to more. my mom, unpon telling her this, had forgot that i went snowboarding yesterday and got worried and thought i had the flu. nope...just achy muscles. and i won't take asperin. that's for wusses. HA.

can't wait to hit the slopes again! (for real!) even though i feel like someone beat me with their snowboard, it's a great feeling and i thrive for the achy muscles...it makes me feel strong. so for now, over and out from the worlds worst snowboarding pro.

No comments: