Monday, November 28, 2005

turkey and snow (or basically ice)

i made it into work this afternoon, which isn't much of an accomplishment since I just had to walk across the street and get into bsu's tunnel system to make it here, but my morning classes were cancelled since the teachers couldn't make it into town due to the mass amount of ice on the roads.

coming back to bemidji yesterday afternoon wasn't too much of an accomplishment either, well for me i guess. ice and snow on the roads doesn't phase me one bit, but it seemed to everyone else. i was going 50 on a 65 although everyone else was going 40. but i felt confident on the road, i wasn't sliding, and there was no way i was going to leave egf at 2 in the afternoon and get home at 8. so i passed everyone...including a sandtruck in a ditch and 2 other accidents, but they were all in the west bound lane. tessa was 10 minutes behind me and katie another 10 minutes behind her, so if trouble did happen, i would have my back covered.

my mom sent me home with quite a bit of food, which for that, i'm thankful. i wouldn't have anything otherwise! i had to buy a new cell phone (lindsi on my old phone: "that thing looks like a spaceship!") as my old phone would turn off for now apparent reason (i would turn i on and it would still have full battery) and no one could really hear me in it anyway. but unfortunatly i had to drop the rest of my paycheck on it, so i've got 2 weeks to go until the next paycheck. but anyway i got all sorts of leftovers from out friday night junk food night, a pizza, all sorts of chicken (grilled, patties and breaded), hamburgers, turkey, cheese, pasta, spaghetti sauce, veggies...it was a lot! so i should be set for the next couple of weeks.

it was good to see family on thursday and friday. i don't get to see my cousins that live down in the cities all that often, so it was good to catch up with them. it was a lot of talking and eating and just good times.

and now it's back to the daily grind. homework to be done and all sorts of other things. emails to send, projects to complete...and that stupid water safety instructor workbook to finish for tomorrow and i don't understand what i'm supposed to complete in there. i'll have to email the teacher, but i'm pretty sure she hasn't looked at it.

but anyways....happy monday!

No comments: