Thursday, December 21, 2006

got this off of anothers blog. kind of like it. others may not, but i kind of do.

You know boys are a funny thing. I mean you look around Bemidji and there is not much to choose from. Let's face it; Bemidji is not the ideal place to meet guys. Oh yes there is some great eye candy up there, what with all those Canadians so close to the border and with all those business majors and their hot ties (I like men's ties what can I say??). But truly, there is not a whole lot to pick from. But then fate steps in and BAM! Like a freight train headed due north, it hits you. You are looking for something that doesn't exist, not truly. My mother and I were dress shopping today and I was having the worst time picking a dress that I truly loved. Now granted i am a VERY picky person when it comes to my dress, but there was not much to choose from in that department either. Well, as i was complaining to my mother about the lame selection aloud in the third store we walked into, she turned to me and said "_____, you aren't going to find that perfect dress because the image that you have in your mind, the dress of your dreams is only in your mind and no dressmaker can bring that to life for you". As I continued looking I realized that i had been taking the same approach I did for dresses, to men. I have always imagined an ideal man. Someone perfect, someone wonderful, funny, intelligent, etc. I had even created a list of the qualities i was looking for in the man I would date, or at least end up with. But then i realized, that man doesn't exist nor will he ever. I am looking for a dream, a figment of my imagination. Someone so perfect and wonderful no human can compare. And so all this time as I was struggling to not only find that perfect person, but that perfect person interested in ME, I had missed many chances at perfectly wonderful human relationships. I have feared i would end up alone and single all the rest of my days but I realized if that happened it would be my own fault because i never allowed the perfectly wonderful guy to approach me while I was waiting for a saint. And so I apologize to all the men in my life that i have let down and hurt. I have been trying to reform myself and hopefully when i return in the spring I will have loosened up a bit and will be much more... approachable.

i just thought it was interesting, despite the rambles, because i think it's completely true. men are not perfect, just as women are not either. i embrace a man's imperfectness...i think its great character. and if they mess up? i forgive them, just as i would forgive anyone else, because i know it could happen to me too.



No comments: