Wednesday, December 03, 2003

find dru

for those of you who haven't heard, dru sjodin is missing from grand forks, north dakota, which is pretty much my home town. It was a very unusual circumstance as she left work from the mall went out the her car, talking to her boyfriend on the phone and all of a sudden, she's missing! the last thing that she said was, oh my god to her boyfriend, and then the phone went dead.

there are two reasons why i hate that things like this need to happen. 1) my heart truely goes out to dru and her family...i really hope that she is still alive out there, somewhere. how horrible would it be to have your daughter/sister/friend/etc/....all of sudden get kidnapped, not knowing that you will ever see her again? it's horrible just thinking about it. The other reason, 2), is more for my well-being. you see, i have extremely over protective parents, which is just fine in some cases. because of this, i was able to go out and purchase a cell phone with their help, which is really exciting. on the other hand, i left my house with my parents crying after turkey day weekend as they think that i have the same fate as dru! my mother wants me to sign up for self defense classes and everyother email i get from her is how to protect myself. yes, i know this is all in an act of love, which is very comforting, but my parents i think would be truely satisfied if i were just to lock my self in their basement and never leave home for the rest of my life! i had to sit them down and tell them that life MUST go on and that things are going to happen and that you can't stop that. also, just because something just as tragic as this happens DOESN'T mean that i wasn't very cautious before. and from what i hear from my mother, it's not just her, it's ALL other parents in the grand cities area! what they need to understand is that we were careful before! remind us once and then you can stop! don't do it a million times...believe us, it sinks in! but other than that, yes we love you and we understand and thanks for worrying.

No comments: