Sunday, December 28, 2003

my two faced aunts

who ever thought i would see the evil side of my aunts? my dad's family all gathered here at our house on saturday for the family xmas. before i go any further let me tell you about my dad's family:

my grandparents were married a long long time ago and were 20 years apart. my grandpa died when my dad was about my age (19) and my mom never met him. my dad is the youngest and a twin of the 7 siblings...3 boys and 4 girls. with all of them having kids except for my dad's twin and his wife, that makes 22 grand kids and now 19 going on many more gread-grand kids. when my grandpa died, he signed a will saying that the 3 boys each got a share of the 80 acre's of land my grandpa owed and then the 3 boys had to pay the girls each 4000 each year. my grandma is now 80 some years old and obviously not all that able to live by her own.

here's how our family xmas went:

my aunt mary walks in the door and starts trying to get people to side with her because there are 3 of the 7 that think my grandma should be moved into a nursing home, which my family agree's, since my dad's twin, uncle donald, walked into her house to find her eaching a frozen dinner...literally, it was still frozen. also, we have no one who will be able to move in with her and help her out. now there are 2 of the 4 sisters who do not want her to move into the nursing home. the other two, one sides with us, the other lives in milwakee and we don't know her exact opinion. but here's all that went on:

aunt mary and audrey try to corner people all night trying to get them to side with them...they retreat to the basement and sulk down there and also bitch about the will. supposedly they can change it so they can get more money, and they are being a little greedy. one aunt notices a carnival glass bowl that my dad ended up getting from their grandma francis, they all wonder why my dad got the bowl and not them. most of my aunts all bring gifts for the family in milwakee...they all know that they won't be there, so my mom is now stuck with all these gifts she's wondering if she should send. but what really played a part of the whole day was the whole nursing home bit. my grandma really needs the extra care and all of her friends are living there already and our cousin tracy is working there. grandma doesn't know about this yet...we don't want to get her all worked up about it yet. but my aunts were being complete bitches about it all night long and my dad is really pissed off. my aunts are already worried about my grandma's will and she's no were near being dead yet! i was kind of hoping i would get my grandma's sewing machine, but as my dad put it, take what you can now because by time your aunts go through, there will be nothing left....just plain greedy i tell you.

No comments: