Wednesday, February 25, 2004

losing it

i think there is something wrong with me. never in my life have i forgoten my keys before. now, in the last week, i've forgotten them twice. the first time, they were easily retrieveable as i was able to get back into the office before it closed. last night however was not the case. i had a night class last night and didn't realize that i had left my keys in the office until about 9:30 when i was done with class. so i ran back over to memorial the whole time crossing my fingers that the janitor would still be there. i get over there and i think, "what great luck! the janitors closet is still open!" the lights are on, his broom, mop, and caddy are still out...but no sign of him. i wait around listening for foot steps or some form of life. then i start thinking of other ways to get to my car and move it off the wrong side of the street. i then remembered that my spare key is in my red coat pocket (i wore my blue coat that day), but i need a phone to get to it. as i was walking around upstairs i notice that their is a light flooding through the cracks of the door of the only lone office in memorial. i knock on the door and no answer. so being that their was no one around i check to see if the door is open. and it is! i step inside and the first thing i do is search the office for keys. no keys. then i see the phone and after some heavy brain work, i eventually am able to call off campus and to the house. i've been saved! lindsey says that she can come and pick me up and bring me my key. so i spent the night without my keys but at least i could drive my car. my boss shannon told me the next morning that i could have called security and they would have been able to let me into the office with no problem...the things i don't think of.

No comments: