Wednesday, March 31, 2004

just 1 month

i can't stand my glasses more than anything in the world (ok, that's a little bit of an over exaggeration but not by much). they just bug me. i'm tired of having to wear them because my eye gets all messed up with my stupid eye problem i've been having. what's basically happening with my eyes is that the oxygen cells aren't getting a chance to build back up and they get all irritated and watery and it's just not fun. it takes a couple of days for my eyes to go back to normal and stop with the watering thing (it gets a little tireding - fun word! - when you have to keep telling people that yes, i am ok and no, i don't need to talk...my eye is just having problems). but the big problem is is that this condition with my eye, it needs about a month to clear up. that means no contacts for one month! i'm going to do this just so i can go back to not having to worry about my eyes but there are so many things in april that i want to wear my contacts for; mainly easter and the habitat banquet. i feel like myself in my contacts and feel so odd and out of place with my glasses. i can't see as well with the glasses and my vision is limited to just my immediate vision and not my peripheral (sp?) vision as my glasses don't cover that, so all of that is blinded. although people do say they look nice in them, i beg to differ, just because i look in the mirror and i think, "that's not me...and these glasses are bugging me!" but if i do as the dr. says, hopefully in a month i can make some adjustments and get back to rolling with the contacts. i try to look on the bright side of this...this will be better for the long run, at least it's only a month, i'll get to wear them for the campout and graduation and everything else that's in may and after. so..... 30 days till contacts!!!!!

No comments: