Thursday, March 18, 2004

my life as a procrastinator

it doesn't get much better. i get home after boring classes, where at these boring classes, i decided that i have this list of things that i need to accomplish when i get home. so finally, classes end and i'm on my way home, still ready to tackle my list of things when i get home. well, as you can probably guess, i get home and i get everything on my list accomplished. that's it. end of story.

actually, i'm kidding. actually, i'm kidding BY A LONG SHOT. this is the full story. i get home and yes, i'm set to tackle the list. packing, cleaning, broadcast to finish writing and then habitat emails...and then to bed because i'm dead tired after my adventurous night last night. so what do i do when i walk in the door? well, first i check my email, just because that's the type of person i am. it makes my day when people try to communicate with me (it doesn't happen often so i have to do a little dance!). then i check blogs. and then i sorta start on my list. i start grabbing my piles of dirty clothes that my roommate carly claims that i could keep 30 people clothed with for 30 days, and she's probably true. i also grab everything that i think i may want to bring home tomorrow when i leave. then i get started on my mess that i still have laying out since i got back from my habitat trip. basically, i stare at it. stare it some more. stare it one more time. then hope with all my might that it will clean itself up by itself. and then i realize that i have to do it. so i start making piles. and really, that's all my room is these days. piles of clothes, piles of habitat, piles of pictures, piles of electronics, piles of art stuff, piles of homework, piles of misc. stuff that i don't know what in the heck to do with. so i make my piles and then i run downstairs and take my pile of going home stuff out to the car without incident. and then i crash on the couch.

i thought i would just be watching friends. but no. it was friends, will and grace, extreme makeover and then i get my butt off the couch. at this point i don't have my homework done and i have a hand full of emails to write still. so, i take a shower. after putting some au gratin potatoes in the stove so they would be done when i was done with getting squeaky clean. so now i'm clean, and i start on my half of the dishes, get those done, eat and watch more tv (but this time it was like 10 min. worth, i swear!). and now....i'm upstairs....in my room...5 hours later...procrastinating more by listening to music and typing on my blog...and half the list done. at least i got half the list done i guess...but the important stuff is still left to do. grrrrr....i'm pathetic. i think i may call someone to help me with the emails though...just to make sure i'm sounding gramatically correct. we'll see.

but on a lighter note...last night rocked! after church and some homework, the habitat crew met up again at 11:30 at night for a perkins pie run! we dominated the place with our laughter and we all had a good time. as if you couldn't get us together and not have a good time. even better, i had all the studs in my car! woohoo! heheheheee! o wow, i love the habitat family...can't stress that enough. love ya!

No comments: