Tuesday, June 01, 2004

moving

i love moving. it is the one time when i can get organized and get to design my room all over again. right now i'm in the process of moving all my junk from one house to an tri-plex that is a couple of blocks away. all 5 of us have to get over there today. of course, with me, there is always problems.

first off, i had written earlier about what i like to call "the fiasco." "the fiasco" has been fixed. there was a misunderstanding and we can all laugh about it, except for the part that we can't get into our new place yet, but we have no place to put our stuff except in the old place. each of us girls is driving around with a car full of stuff. i can't see out of my front or back window. our garage at the old place is also full of stuff and katie and them unfortunatly just have to wait for us to get our stuff out. we feel bad, but we don't have any place to put it! technically, the girls that were living in our new place should have been out friday, but no on told them this and we had to do all the work. then "the fiasco" happened last week and i got it arranged for my stuff to go in the new house. so my parents came along with zerek (my brother) and squeak and we got er done. i love my new room. a decent ceiling and walls that aren't slanted! the only down is that my closet is EXTREMELY small. o well, at least i have a closet and this time it's IN my room!

i'm sure this is all coming out confusing so let me back up... (woah woah woah....backup!)

last week, "the fiasco" happened. read about it below if you haven't all ready or if you need to refresh. this happened wednesday night. i didn't talk really to the girls all day thursday. i did talk to danielle on friday night and i told her i was moving stuff in on monday. her reply was, "this is bull$hit, we should be able to move on monday too. i'm moving my stuff on monday." now, usually i just sit back and say whatever, but this furiated me a little. i was making phone calls and talking to people (jenny was making phone calls for me too!) so that i could get all of our stuff in on monday since katie and her roommates were moving in on tuesday and we had to be out by then. then "the fiasco" happened so i got it figured out that i could move my stuff in on monday. i went through all the phone calls before hand, got slammed down, and no they want to move in on monday when we could have gotten that arranged before hand? turns out danielle wasn't listening at our house meeting and didn't know we could move in monday, but only if we asked. jenny wouldn't allow her to move in on monday. but anyways, after some silent treatment from danielle, all was good. we're all talking now.

but later that night, after zerek and i enjoyed some pizza and some movies, i decided that no one else was going to clean this place up so i better start. danielle was next door, avoiding us for the moment i suppose...i probably would too! and jenny was with her boyfriend. i completely cleaned the kitchen. i washed walls, cleaned and washed out cupboards, degreased the stove and fridge, vacuumed and swept the floors, cleaned behind the fridge and washed MANY dishes. garbage was taken out quite a few times. mr. clean kept me going and by 4 in the morning ( i started at 9...with a half hour break) the kitchen was pretty much cleaned. i went to bed that night and the next morning i started packing up all the contents of the kitchen that were now in the living room. by the end of the day, all my stuff was over at the new place, and the house was all cleaned at 11 ish that night. i was even able to talk to square and nate online on tessa's computer. its been hard, but all 5 of us got er done. big thanks to my parents, zerek and squeak for helping me move. now i just have to organize my sutff...o yeah, except for my clothes. my parents forgot my dresser at home and i'm dresser less for the week; they're bringing it next weekend. exciting. but we had some fun moving...cleaning out the fridge is always fun. we like to see what we can grow in there. o, and "the box" concept provided for us by danielle's mom: don't know what it is or who it belongs to? through it in "the box" and figure it out later! so whenever we found something and didn't know what it was? "hey! where's (small pause inserted here) "the box?" fun times i tell ya.

anyways. my old room is all cleaned out. it's amazing how big it is with nothing in it. it would be so much bigger if you could actually stand up all the way in there. i'm excited for my new room tonight!

No comments: