Monday, May 17, 2004

laundry

so i buckeled down and finally took over my ever multiplying pile of laundry in my room. it dominated over half of my living space and since i'm moving in two weeks, i decided something needed to be done with it. so last night, i proceeded to sort all of my clothes. i also grabbed my backpack and 3 coats that needed to be washed.

i usually go home to wash clothes but since i haven't the time or the money to go home (gas prices are scary!) i decided to hop a trip on over to maytag and get er done there.

i washed 9 loads i think...hot white, cold white, red, bright colors, 3 loads dark colors, jeans, khaki colors and towels...and that makes 10. good think i can count. now if they had jumbo washers like we have at home i could have minimized this number by quite a few. i would have been able to put all the darks and jeans together and then the bright colors and khakis could have gone together...leaving just reds, and the 2 loads of whites. i'm very particular about my clothes and i've messed up laundry before so i make sure i sort it correctly so that i'm not running out and buying my self that shirt that i just ruined. the last thing i need to do is waste more money because i ruined my favorite shirt.

so anyway, 3 hours, a can of mountain dew, clean clothes and 21 dollars later....my laundry was clean.

i saved myself 3 dollars by not going home. how horrible is that?

No comments: